Saturday, February 20, 2016

December 2015

I've been avoiding posting about this month. As long as Cason & I work at the post office December is going to be a nightmare.

I worked 12 hours a day, 6 days a week from December 5- January 1st. Since Cason has been there for over a year, he gets some perks & only had to work 12 hours a day, 5 days a week for the week before Christmas. During that week I'd leave for work at 4:15 pm for my shift at 5. I got off at 5am and met Cason halfway between work and home to swap Lilli, so Cason could start work at 5:15am. He got off at 5pm and we'd swap places again. 






After work, Lilli and I would drive home, she'd sleep for a bit longer while I bathed, I'd wake her up, get her ready for school, drive her there, and then go to sleep at 8am and sleep until I had to go get her at 3:15.

So...life was pretty fun. We held it together better than I expected , but still...it was really, really hard on everyone. Lilli struggled with it and had some behavior problems and we were just so. darn. tired.

We actually had a really good Christmas morning. Cason made quiche, and we opened presents. This was the first year we could actually afford presents for each other! Then I headed to work for a 10 hour shift.








We skipped celebrating New Years Eve, since Suprise! I was working ( a 12 hour) &...that was how we ended 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment